Sara Wells, FNP
Sara Wells, is a licensed, nationally board certified Family Nurse Practitioner with advanced training in diseases and conditions of the skin. She enjoys treating clients of all ages from pediatric to geriatric. “We help our clients achieve optimal health by listening to their concerns and working as a team.”
- Bachelor of Science, University of Louisville
- Bachelor of Arts, Indiana University Southeast
- Master of Nursing Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification
- Gonzaga University, clinical preceptor for nurse practitioner students
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American College of Nurse Practitioners
- Board member Mt. Baker Nurse Practitioner Association
- Legislative committee member ARNP’s United of Washington State
- Whatcom Community College, Adjunct professor of nursing pharmacology
- CarenaMD on-call nurse practitioner
I am medical assistant; I graduated from Everest College in Tacoma Washington in 2007. I have been in Dermatology and OBGYN since then and I am now in a Family Care/Dermatology care clinic as the Clinic Manager and Vaccination Coordinator at Cascadia Family Health & Dermatology and I must say I love going to work.
I am currently working on new certifications in Medical Assisting and Dermatology to further my knowledge and abilities. I am also considering expanding into further pediatric care as that has always been of interest to me.
Patient Care is a passion; I love the satisfaction of helping people every day. My reward in this career is having my patients come in and getting to hear from them how they are doing as well as new things they are able to do because of the help we have been able to give them or just how much better they are feeling.
I have grown up in Bellingham but spent a lot of time living in different areas of Washington just out of curiosity. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my daughter and my little dog. When they aren’t around or they are doing other things I cook and bake from scratch. I love starting with just raw ingredients and seeing what delicious things I can do with them.
Cascadia Family Health is located near Peace Health St. Joseph Hospital. We serve communities in Whatcom County, WA and Skagit County, WA, including Bellingham, WA, Ferndale, WA, Lynden, WA, Birch Bay, WA and Blaine, WA. Our services include treatments for eczema and psoriasis as well as acne care, fungus treatment, wart removal, skin tag removal and skin treatment with Botox and Juvéderm. We also offer physicals, Pap tests and TB tests, among many others.